Tuesday 5 February 2013

Time for me…

I am exhausted…

A brilliant weekend of crafting at my sisters with our two boys.  The boys were not so brilliant…  I think my little man at the moment is a touch sensitive and was clingier than a limpet with a tube of super glue.  Reasons could be all sorts…teeth, out of routine, unwell…who knows with these babies?! Every day is a mystery.  My sisters boy was whizzing around fantastically on his walker, but with no time for people in the way.  The two did not gel…well at least not until the last day (but whether that’s because my little man knew he was to be homeward bound!)  I think personal space boundaries were definitely crossed…on several occasions!  We put it down to a North/South divide…the Northerns being brutishly over-exuberant and the Southerns being very wuss-ish.  It’ll be take 2 in three weeks or so…so lets hope relationships improve! Boys will be boys…

But more importantly…the crafting.  We managed well.  I had an idea of projects I wanted to complete so set to work.  There will be blogs to follow when people have received their handmade gift items, but they were much fun to make. My sisters Cloud was received well and promoted to the conservatory.  She was stuck in a project lull…but when she completed her project she found her inspiration coming back which was great.  Lots of exciting things to see soon!

I came home last night, the 4hour journey was long and tedious, but I was pleased to be reunited with a sparkly clean home (thanks to my lovely husband!), a fridge full of food, and lots of hugs (..and a few smooches…)! My little man was so excited to see his dad again and I can see a refreshed relationship again.  It’s very important to have a break away to feel energised and revived so you can stay on top form.

Speaking of a break….This week I have holiday and my little man’s gone to play at nursery so here is the picture…

…a crafting conservatory, cup of tea (hot cup of tea..), some chocolate, a bit of old Terry Wogan on the radio (…am I old?!…), some craftiness, sunshine streaming through…hmmmm….I can breathe a sigh of relief. Some time for me…

Happiness

I plan to spend my week relaxing…I have crafting, reading, telly catch-up today (I did walk to the local shops to peruse the craft shop and get some fresh air).  Tomorrow I have a work meeting and then I’m going to hit the shops as I have a few vouchers to spend. Thursday for a hair chop, a potential lunch date with my husband and maybe another work meeting (booo…workforce review meetings…they are never joyous when you know your job could be at risk, but good to hear these things from the horses mouth and get an idea of where they are planning to go with services), Friday all my yummy mummies and babies are coming round for a playdate. So a good week planned I think.

This morning I have changed my background on my blog, I hope you like it? The patchwork is my first patchwork project, and it is a sneak preview of a secret project I am working on.  I plan to craft a more personalised blog title but that will come with time.

Well…that’s it from me for now… 

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment