Thursday 28 February 2013

Happy 4th Birthday!

Where on earth does time go? Sometimes it seems like a life time, but when you stand still it feels like it was only yesterday…

I have this a lot with my little man.  He seems to grow and change so quickly that you almost forget how he got to this stage.  That “time flies” saying really is true, especially as you get older.

Well today we have to stop and say Happy Birthday to our friend (Neve) who has turned 4!  This is what prompted me to think “Blimey…where has that time gone…!?”. 

It’s really quite novel to make something for a girl…I get to use nice flowery girly colours for a change which is quite refreshing.

When I went round to her new home, Neve very proudly showed off her new big girls room with, queue jealousy, a pink carpet!  I wanted to make something for her room, so I went for a personalised stuffed name hanger, so she can put it on her door, bed post…wherever!

Door Hanger

A pink floral fabric, blue lettering with pink stitching, a laced bottom, and a pink hanging ribbon.

Door hanger - personalised

I stuffed it with dried lavender so hopefully it will keep it’s smell for a while.  It was rather fun to make.  I have designs on making my little man one for his room.

Today I have received a lovely photo with Neve and her door hanger! She is surrounded with pink and purple balloons, dressed up like a princess with a beaming smile on her face.  Happy Birthday Neve!

Right, I’m off now on a “date day”! My hubby booked a day off to spend with me whilst our little man’s in nursery, so we are off to have some fun!

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment