Thursday 7 February 2013

Housewarming Present

Remember I went to my friends house?!…the one with the magazine home?  Well, that morning I went to get her a new house present, and my little man decided he didn’t want to play along…so I turned up empty handed and feeling very bad!  However it gave me a chance to suss out her new place, and see what would fit in with her style.

I looked at my fabric, and I saw I had a fat quarter which matched her green spot oilcloth on her kitchen table.  It had to be! I wanted something useful…so I went for a bag holder (the first I’ve made, but an easy project) to match her kitchen, but if she didn’t want it hanging on show, she can tuck it into a cupboard to cheer up a dreary space.  I have a lovely ditsy floral pink bag holder and we no longer have it out on show but it is hanging in our utility cupboard…but it does make me smile every time I go in there. It brightens the dull cupboard with a slice of prettiness. P1020149

It looks a bit lifeless lying out like this, but it needs stuffing with a few of those unsightly bags, and then the plumpness should give it a breath of life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here it is with a few bags in…it looks better but still has loads of room for storage…

P1020153

She has received it and she said it was just the ticket as hers had become old and grubby, and this one matched the new kitchen! Phew…I got it right!

Really quick and useful make!

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment