Friday 18 January 2013

Mae hi’n bwrw eira… (It’s snowing…)

 

They said it was coming…and it did...SNOW!  A light dusting at 6am (time dictated by the little man…) turned to a few inches by 8/9am. I don’t mind getting up early, snuggling into a quilt in my PJ’s with a fresh cup of tea, lights down low, watching the snow…it’s just so peaceful.  Everything feels more cosy indoors, and time seems to slow.  I enjoy seeing the news reports from up and down the country, the status updates on facebook…it’s like a gossip grapevine with one thing on everyone’s mind.  There’s an air of excitement and then you get plagued with thoughts of how long it’ll last…

Me and my little man had a day at home today.  My big man ummed and ahhhed for a while…and he ended up working at home.  Nice to be all together…

This is the view from my crafting conservatory… Our very own wintery kingdom. 

P1020067

It was freeeezing in there…although the snow occluded the roof panels so it made me feel like I was in my own igloo.

It was little man’s first snow, so we had to get him togged up to go outside to see what he made of the fluffy white stuff.  We put his snowsuit on, a very funky hat, a pair of daddies socks (which made him look like grandpa longstockings!), and we had no wellies/boots…so we found some wet-suit type shoes given to us from our cousin, and they did the job.  Out we went…

P1020079

 

  He looks like he’s enjoying!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P1020083

 

My beautiful blue-eyed boy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P1020092

 

  Ready to go back indoors to get toasty and warm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think he loved it…for the 10mins before he got cold and hungry! I hope as he grows so will his tolerance, so that we can embark on the adventures of snowmen and sledging!

The atmosphere suited some crafting today… Unfortunately I wasn’t feel so good, so I started a sewing project (I will give you a squeak preview soon)…but I retreated to the sofa with my crochet in hand.  It felt very right to be crocheting a woollen blanket today…

P1020097

Here it is all curled up…  I’m going for a granny stripe…I’m really enjoying the rhythm of this blanket…I’m finding it quite relaxing…

 

 

 

P1020100

 

P1020102

Purples/Pinks so far…I need to buy some more wool…I’m going to enjoy choosing the colours, however I feel I’ll probably be pondering for a while!

 

So that’s a sneak of what I’ve done today.  I know I said my granny square would be my first blanket…but actually I think this one will!  We’ll see which one makes it to the finish line first.

I hope you’ve been enjoying the snow.  Wrap up warm and stay safe.

Love from me and my little man x

P1020074

No comments:

Post a Comment