Monday 28 January 2013

Firsts…

My little man’s been busy doing a couple of “first things”…so to keep you updated…

1) First Shoes!  His walking has taken a new level… he’s walking from room to room, crawling only occasionally (I would say 80% walking, 15% crawling, and 5% being dragged along as he clings to our legs..).  He looks like a little munchkin, chuckling to himself as he excitedly chases the cat around the room.  Since the snow adventure, when we felt bad for not having proper outdoor shoes, and with the sudden increase in his walking we felt it was time for his first trip to Clarks.  He didn’t like having his feet measured much, but then we chose some snazzy (tiny – 3.5 F) pre-walking shoes and he was off.  Girls shoes admittedly are more of my comfort zone…so feeling out of my depth in the “boy zone” I had to choose the pirate ships as I thought they were almost definitely a “boy” thing. 

A giant picture of his tiny shoes...

He strolled around the shop, behind the counter, pulling trainers off shelves…he liked them I think. First shoes photo He had his obligatory FREE First Shoes Photo, he was entered into a FREE prize draw, he had his FREE shoe measure chart thing, his FREE shoebox…all for the not FREE price of (sharp intake of breath) £26! Eeeeek! And the goodbye greeting came with a “…We recommend re-measuring every 8-10 weeks”.  I have a feeling his feet are going to require their own bank loan!P1020129 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2) First Hair Cut!  This was fun.  His blonde locks were so long they were beginning to creep in his eyes,  were almost definitely being used as ear warmers, and when swimming we discovered he had a rat tail bit of hair down to his shoulders…gross! Time for a chop.  I’m not an incompetent mum…but the idea of a bowl haircut, wonky fringes and all the dodgy hairstyles I was subjected to, I felt I owe it to my little man to ensure he looks tip top, cutting edge, cool and groovy (…oops…groovy…that’s one of those un-cool parent type words…).  We went to “His and Kids” which was brilliant.  Certificate for first hair cutHe sat in a racing car chair, had an apron put around him, had Thomas the Tank DVD put on and snip snip snip…we were off.  He did really well for his first go, and I only had to hold him toward the end (15-20mins worth of cutting!) when he was doing around the ears so all in all not a bad experience.  We brought out the choccy buttons when needed…but for a 13month old, even the man said, he’d done exceptionally well. We got a First hair cut certificate, and an envelope with his first locks to keep. So now he’s looking fresh, funky and ready for the ladies!

 

 

 

Pre-hair cut - looks like he's enjoying! 

It’s exhausting growing up with all these new experiences…I wonder what will be next?! He’s started being more vocal with definite inflections in his tone…we are getting “door” sound a lot…but we don’t think that’s his first word…!

 

We’ll keep you updated in his adventures!

 

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment