Thursday 22 November 2012

Setting Up....

So here I am...!

Two new skills starting to establish...Sewing and Blogging! Needless to say I need quite a lot of practice in both areas, but we only learn from our mistakes...(I've bought a seam ripper for my sewing mistakes...)!

My dearest sister (aderyndu.blogspot.com) has been crafting for years...and I have been the recipient for the majority of her makes, so she has encouraged me to give it a go.  The fact that John Lewis had the most gorgeous machines on the shelves did encourage me a little further ...so my birthday money from husband and my mother was spent lavishly on my little (rather mini compared to my sisters beast!) but utterly gorgeous machine.  I haven't decided on a name for her yet....





She's a bit gorgeous isn't she?!!

Little Blue...
Lavendar...
Bertie...
Phoebe....

What do you think....?!


 

So I got her home...and she needed a new home.  I've been struggling with use of my mini conservatory for a while, so why not try as my sewing/hobby room.

The gorgeous throw on my sofa is one created by my sister for me...having started some projects I now have even more appreciation for the time and energy that's gone into making it!  It's by far my favourite make of hers yet!




A few pretty things bought (pretty but surely essential for sewing jobs)!

So she has a home...and I have a new home...and so we are off!



Love from me and my little man x










1 comment: