Friday 29 November 2013

Family Time

We’ve had a lovely family weekend.  We celebrated our 5th Wedding anniversary, so it was nice to stay local.

I treated my boys to a breakfast of pancakes and maple syrup which went down quickly.  I’ve never (shock horror) made pancakes before, and I’m pleased to say they turned out well…I even flipped them successfully which my little boy thought was splendid fun.  (Somebody else’s “flipping technique” was not so  flipping good…cue pancakes all over the table!).

We went for a lovely walk in the forest…

P1030708

P1030710

We spotted lots of acorns and mushrooms.  We rustled around in the dry leaves.  We said hello to lots of dogs.  I’m surprised at just how far his little legs can carry him! He is a strong walker (…and a strong whinger when he’s had enough!).

My little man also got his first party invite from one of his nursery friends who was turning 3! It was for a couple of hours at a local village hall and it was nice to meet some of the other parents and children properly.  There was a bouncy castle, balloons, and lots of toys to play with.  It was nice to sit and watch them enjoying together.  They all sat alongside each other to eat party food and sing happy birthday.  I was surprised to see how well they all behaved.  The water pistol that was in his party bag has already been put to good use…he loves shooting his mummy and daddy with it and having a good old belly laugh when he succeeds!

It was fancy dress, and I wasn’t sure I could pass him off as a vampire again so I went to find him an outfit.  I don’t really think he’s interested in dressing up yet, but thought we’d make an effort.  I went for a costume that had a zip up front, very similar to a coat, as I thought we’d fool him into thinking it was a new coat!

On the day he had to be woken from his nap so he was already Grumpy…and then came…The Owl!  He’s so going to hate me when he’s older. But it’s a mums rite of passage eh?!party owlHe doesn’t look very happy in this picture on the way to the party…I was just chuckling at how cute he was! Okay so it stayed on for maybe 5minutes after we arrived at the party, but then I used bribery the next day to get some more photo’s…and it stayed on longer the second time around!

P1030749

He’s showing you the impressive wing span!

P1030755

He even kept it on to do some puzzles!

P1030769

It was a nice party, and it gave me some motivation to throw our little man a party in the new year to celebrate his birthday and get his friends together.

We’ve also done quite a bit of Christmas crafting this weekend, of which I will show you in due course.  I am starting to feel decidedly festive as the weather is getting dry and crisp and cold!

We’ve got lots of fun things planned ahead for this weekend, so I shall keep you updated with our adventures!

Hope you are all getting out and about at my most favourite time of year.

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment