Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Spoils



Where did Christmas go...?!  

We travelled back home yesterday after spending Christmas with the in-laws.  We had a great time celebrating Christmas and Birthdays but I admit to feeling an overwhelming sense of comfort being back in my own home.  

After Christmas has been and gone, I just want the tree down as soon as possible in a bid to greet the New Year in on a clean slate.  I get that hurriedly rushed feeling that everything must be clean so we can relax and be at ease (...one of my annoying quirks is not being able to relax in a messy  room/house...so difficult now with a one year old around!  I don’t mind cleaning...but sometimes it feels like a monumental chore, especially these days when my little man makes things take twice as long...) We’ve stripped the house of it’s Christmassyness this morning and made best attempts to clean the majority of downstairs.  We’ve been so lucky with presents this year (so much so that we had to leave presents behind for them to follow on at a later date!), so the challenge has been where to store all of our new things.


10 Smart Soldiers
There have been so many lovely toys and gifts for my little man’s 1st birthday and Christmas  - people have been so generous.  My little man’s top 5 toy highlights this year have been: 1) Pop up tent and tunnel with 100 play balls – he has been crawling in/out of this non-stop (...and so have I...), 2) Wooden soldier skittles, 3) Garage (with cars, lift and ramps and all sorts of boy-like fun),  4) A box of balloons (seriously an amazing present), 5) Rocking horse (but it’s a beautiful cow..!).


 

I have been equally spoiled and I will share a few of my top presents... My new crafting hobby has now enabled easier gift selection for my Mummy Clause...



My first sewing box (and my gorgeous oil cloth)
Treasure box.


















My stocking was filled with all sorts of sewing goodies such as owl needle holder, pig pin cushion, little scissors, polka dot fabric scissors etc so a treat to open them on Christmas morning.   I had a gorgeous first sewing box to bestow all of my goodies in, and a beautiful box full of ribbons.  My sister ( aderyn du )has made me a gorgeous box of treasures – stunning fat quarters in a variety of colours, she has gifted some of my favourite fabrics from her own collection, cute buttons and ribbons...AND...iron on “mylittleman” tags! Very cute!  She also tucked in a ball of yarn and crochet hook as I’m keen to learn the gobbledygook mayhem of crochet!  Lovely gifts that that will get my creative side going...but most importantly they look amazing too!

My sisters present to me!
Scrumptious Fat Quarters.
Other top non-craft presents were a sage/cream spot oilcloth from my man for my kitchen table, kitchen roman blinds made by my sister-in-law (yet to be installed so picture will follow in due course), a picture of my little man from a previous photo shoot.  I have been spoiled!

We have been given Christmas money to buy a new laptop, and we have been gifted a shiny external hard drive, so soon I will know that my pictures and important bits are safe, and will be able to blog from the new laptop (also pretty in peacock blue!).

Crumbs...we have been spoiled...more than we could ever ask or hope for.  Thank you everyone!



It would be wrong of me not to mention the gross relationship I have had with food over the past week...I have eaten all sorts of yumminess from turkey dinner, home cooked sausage rolls, sprouts with chorizo and chestnuts (you’ve always got to mention the sprouts...!), to puddings galore in the shape of chocolate log, frangipane (...or Frangygranny...) tarts, Christmas pud, mince pies....  Excessive on all counts...but it felt so right at the time! Granny has also enlightened my little man to his first experience of biscuits in bed....apparently it’s what Grannies do....!



Another Christmas gone...now a few days with my men to settle, contemplate and plan ready to see what 2013 has in store for us.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas...

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment