Friday 31 January 2014

Pig

Things have been cosy here. 

I’ve loved curling up in my new fluffy slippers…

cosy

Drinking gallons of tea from my lovely new mugs (Christmas present from my husband!), that have sat on my beautiful new coasters (present from Santa)…

Pip studio mug

…and enjoying some crochet.

Last year I was ever so lucky to have had something made especially for me, by one of my friends’ mums!  I think it the most fabulous way to carry my wool for my current projects.  Portable and pretty!

crochet bag!

It’s been tasked with keeping all the pieces together in a safe place for my latest project…

crochet bag!

So what has been my latest project I hear you ask?  Well I set off to make an amigurimi (that word always looks more akin to something from a sushi menu for sure!) toy for my little man, and then through conversation at work and an upcoming birthday for my friends’ girl, I thought I could make it for her instead…and so my poor little man has missed out again!  I really need to set down and make something solely for him.

We always are talking about which character is the most favoured at anyone time.  My little man’s been going through phases of Noddy, Peppa Pig, Postman Pat and the Snowman.  I get quite excited at the thought of the acceptance of a new character as it introduces a bit of variety for me after having to sit watching about 100 Noddy episodes!  My friends girl currently also likes Peppa Pig, and I understand that was to be the basis of her birthday cake.  So…I set about making a Pig! A George Pig…as apparently she likes him best.

I got lost in the pattern found here.  Quite a nice easy to follow pattern.  I enjoy the quick progress projects, however after I did two attempts of both arms and legs I did start losing the will to carry on…but then after a break, and another cup of tea, the pattern somehow made sense to me again.  Here he is in all his George Pig glory!…

Crochet Pig

Get off my tea Pig!

Crochet Pig

I particularly love his little curly tail…

Piggy tail

So, another successful project! Woo hoo!

It’s started raining again here.  As I look out of my living room window I am impressed with how my amaryllis is growing…  I love the pot it’s in.  Colours our lounge are to be based on when we get around to starting the decorating!

P1040390

Cheerio for now.

Love from me and my little man x

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....your amaryllis has leaves...ours only has the flower stalk bit...maybe you're getting mroe sunshine down south?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find lot of water infrequently and sat by a warm radiator helps!...although yes...this is sunny southampton!!!

      Delete