Monday 13 January 2014

Forgotten makes…

So I forgot to post about two other presents I had made (again sorry about the photo’s, in the rush up to Christmas they have been rushed and often in a dark room.  I need to get some photo tips on how to make my makes look good!)…here goes…

1) A reading pillow for my nephew.  I did a patchwork pocket so that he could keep books, teddies and any other goodies in for when he’s cwtched up reading…

Reading Pillow

I quilted the pocket to give it some rigidity.

Reading Pillow

And an Envelope backing to make sure it can be bunged in the washer…I’m sure there will be some chocolate smuggled into the pocket at some stage!

Reading Pillow

I am really pleased with this, and have some of my own cushion plans for my little mans reading corner in his room.

2) Bunting for my niece’s birthday present…  I am disappointed that I forgot to get a finished picture of this.  It had a red binding, and I thought it was very cute and colourful…perfect for a girls bedroom.

Bunting

Love this fabric!

I finally think that is the end of my makes for 2013!  Now I need to get going again.  My craft room needs a little (a-hem…a lot…) clearing/cleaning.  It’s currently bestowing a furniture makeover which is a third complete and that’s giving me a mental mind block about getting in the room and sorting stuff out!

I have re-instated our kitchen blackboard as a “Jobs To Do” List to give us that visual prompt that there are always odd jobs that need to be done, and also to give us that feeling of satisfaction when we’ve completed something.  A lot of them, so far, have been man jobs (fixing switches, re-newing bath seals etc.) which have been swiftly ticked off the list and a few I have been able to act as a wingman wielding my tube of “No Nails”! Ha ha!

2014 is going to be a year of doing I feel.

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment