Monday 6 January 2014

Happy New Year–2014!

Happy New Year everyone!

Did you all have a good Christmas break?  Ours was hectic and fun!

We travelled up to Northampton for a wedding the weekend before which definitely put us in the festive mood.  It was such a beautiful venue filled with twinkling lights you couldn’t help but feel romantically Christmassy.  This is the venue…

Wedding venue

…just fantastic.

Then Christmas and my little man’s 2nd birthday (where on earth has the time gone?!) spent in my family home in Wales. Loads of food/drink, bundles of presents, board games and telly…a lovely time to get together.

Here are some Christmas presents that were hand made by me this year… they were all received well, and it gave me a sense of achievement to watch people unwrap their homemade goodies.

- a memo board for my mum

fabric memo board

- a desk buddy for my sisters crafting room so that she can put her scissors etc. in.  He turned out okay but I would make some changes in future designs.

Desk buddy

- Peg bag for my sister in law (sorry for the poor photo’s)

Peg bag

P1030721

- Tree decorations for my friend and my cousin’s boys

tree decoration

tree decoration

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tree decoration

It was a lovely time spent with family, but also a nice return to normality for us coming home after over a week away.  The familiarity of your own bed and sofa is second to none, and living out of a suitcase really is tedious!

I’ve taken down the Christmas decorations, something I always am keen to do, and the house has a new sense of space.  Already we are embracing some new adventures for the year ahead. I feel full of inspiration at the moment. Small DIY projects have already been ticked off the list, and some bigger projects on the horizon.

So I wonder what 2014 will hold in store for us?! Do you have any resolutions?  Mine are:

1) As an extension of last years resolution, is to reduce the amount of time spent travelling, and invest my time into enjoying my family.  Funny sort of resolution really, as you think that would come naturally, but I often feel the pressure to be so many places for so many people, that sometimes time spent simply with my family can become neglected.

2) Exercise more.  I’ve already signed up to a “Return to Netball” programme, and hopefully I’ll get my running shoes back on when the weather warms a little.

3) Consider selling some small crafty bits.

4) Continue being a wicked mum/wife! (Ha ha…okay, no one’s given me that title…but I’ll take it!)

Right time to get my crafting house in order!

Love from me and my little man x

Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth (my home town)…just a week before the devastation of the recent storms… x

No comments:

Post a Comment