Tuesday 26 March 2013

Easter Treats

What a run up to Easter…my little man has had the pox!  Chicken pox…it seems to be doing the rounds. Better late than never and he’s had it so mildly we’ve been lucky.  No itching or grumpiness here.  Nursery shut their doors to the pox ridden, so Granddad came down to babysit so we could  work.  My little fella has been so well behaved and happy all week.  Our dog, Crumpet, also came to stay and all we’ve heard is fits of giggles where they’ve been chasing each other around.  Giggling is indeed a delightful sound.

It’s still freezing cold with no sign of spring. The men have been tackling outside jobs with regular breaks to re-warm their cockles.  Obligatory men-at-work shot…

P1020581

All giving a hand fixing the guttering… There’s our gorgeous dog Crumps.

I’ve sought the comfort of crochet on the sofa this week – the warm, sociable kind of crafting.  I wanted quick projects, something small. Inspiration came through reading one of the blogs I follow Dinki Dots.  She posted a lovely pink owl that she crocheted following Bunny Mummy's Tutorial, and I just wanted to give it a go.  Here’s my attempt…

P1020564

I’m quite pleased with it so it’ll be winging it’s way to a lucky little girl for Easter.

I then wondered if I could make it a little more Eastery…so I went for some Chicky Yellows and here it is…

P1020589

He’s not too shabby.  He’s a bit beady eyed…but he’ll do.  I filled him with  lavender so he smells calming.  He’ll be going to another little girl for Easter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

More…?!…

P1020587

I know bunnies don’t lay eggs…but this one is nesting a rather yummy creme egg inside!The only downfall with this one is that once you’ve eaten the creme egg the bottom is too tight to go over the egg cup! 

So I had another go…this time making sure it fitted over the egg cup…but then it became too big to hide a creme egg.  What dilemma’s! I’m not so keen on this one at all.  This one turned out rather evil…and I think he looks a bit sad!  To be honest…I got a bit fed up by this stage, so I think his face probably emulates my mood!

P1020590

They will all find a home somewhere this Easter.

Are you ready for Easter? There are hot cross buns on the side, a few mini eggs lurking here and there…we are ready!

Happy Easter!

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment