Monday 11 March 2013

Busy Times

Lots of other bits have been happening around here lately.

1) My nephew’s first birthday!  Yes…the year has whizzed around and St David’s Day marked his 1st birthday.  He has grown so much, and the boys are beginning to tolerate each other more and maybe even play together! We bought him a big top circus tent which went down a storm, and they were running in and out, reading stories inside and generally having fun!  The cake my sister made was of a cow and it was very professional.  She also made him a wonderful quilt for his birthday.  Here is a picture of her doing the finishing touches…
P1020459
and you can find the finished quilt here.

We had lots of yummy food including the essential party rings and welsh cakes…yummy!P1020492
There were personalised party bags too with bubbles and all sorts in them…my little man got some funky wooden letters for his door which I’d been eyeing up for ages!
P1020518





A fabulous birthday celebration!





2) Blinding Conundrums!  After washing the hideous kitchen blinds last year they ended up getting shredded in the washer, so I bought some fabric last year and asked my sister in law to make me some blinds.  She has a background of being a professional curtain maker so I was on to a winner!  The blinds she has made are gorgeous, and good quality.  We got them at Christmas and she was going to come and string/hang them for us, but what with other commitments our windows have been bare for a while! I’d been avoiding getting them out as I was having a blind panic (excuse the pun!) and had no idea where to start. Internet tutorials left me muddled.  So with my mum down we took on the challenge together.  It took us several attempts, but we finally got a blind that goes up and down!  It’s not perfect stringing…but it works (not perfectly) and it will do!  Here’s the pictures…and don’t look at my pile of washing up! 
Main window
Side window












Gorgeous beach hut fabric

Thanks Shey! They look fab!

3) Mother’s Day! My mum lives in Wales, and if you don’t know they charge for carrier bags over there! I always get caught out and end up carrying my purchases out of the shop un-bagged…it does make you feel like you are stealing!made for my mum  She asked me for a carrier bag holder, so I thought I would make her one…but I’d obviously have to fill it for her with free bags! So I’ve been hoarding plastic bags like they’ve been going out of fashion! They don’t photo well as they always look a bit life – less but here is her present…she really liked it. 

My little man has also been busy showing me how much he loves me.  I received two cards, a cute bought card and one home made card.  The home made one is the best of course!  Here they are…
From my little man














Happy Mother’s Day to all my wonderful mummy friends. You all do a fab job.

We’ve had a busy and entertaining couple of weeks!  I’ve been crafting in the background on and off, and I have a bag holder ready to go and bunting cut out…now it’s snowing (again!) I think my crafting will pick up speed again!

Love from me and my little man x

PS I almost forgot to congratulate my husband on completing the Bath half marathon in memory of his best friend.  His training only consisted of 3 or 4 40minute runs so I am extremely pleased and proud that he completed it. X

1 comment:

  1. Lovely mothers day card and the letters look good on his door!!!

    ReplyDelete