Wednesday 10 September 2014

Skinny Bear

One of my lovely University friends is also expecting a baby, about 2 weeks before me!  As part of a gift, I thought I would put my hand at crocheting something for the baby so that it would be unique.  She doesn't know the sex of the baby which, although exciting, made colour choice a bit more difficult.  I decided to opt for red with a navy stripe for the teddy's tee shirt in the end as I thought that was acceptably unisex!

This is the pattern I followed from Crafty Rah Rah.  I loved the teddy when I saw him so thought I would try. 

Well the head and the ears worked up well - I used Sirdar baby bamboo wool.  The legs also seemed okay, although when attached looked a wee bit wonky and not quite right!  The body I struggled with!...I did it twice and it ended up as big as a hat!  I was convinced I was interpreting the pattern right, but it was so disheartening I admit I lost my mojo.  I drafted in my sister to help with the body and arms and she helped explain the pattern instructions to me.

With all pieces made, I lightly stuffed, and sewed on all appendages!  Here he is...

 Sorry for the poor photo but you get the idea...can you see his legs look wonky...maybe one bigger than the other?!


He was well received and has now been aptly named "Skinny Bear"...hmmm...maybe I did stuff him too lightly!!!  The wonkiness adds individuality...and I explained that when he's being shook (which babies do to their teddies) he looks much better all wobbly a little bit like Mr Bean's teddy!  I did also explain that this has not been tested for safety...so they can't sue me if his legs/arms come off!!!!

I may even attempt another...at some point....

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment