Friday 12 July 2013

Airing dirty laundry…

You shouldn’t air your dirty laundry in public…unless you have a pretty peg bag to go with it!

At last I can reveal a pretty little birthday present I have been working on!  I like home made presents as I feel someone’s put the time and effort and thought into making something unique for you.

I have had a few handmade presents over the years, including fabulous quilts and blankets made by my sister, personalised animations and pictures from my brother, a decorated hot water bottle cover from my sister-in-law, to name but a few.  I think these presents are the best…and I know no-one has another one like mine!

With my new found skills time for me to get gifting.  So I made bunting and a kindle cover for my fabulous friend Lara’s birthday, bag holders (filled with plastic bags as they charge you for these in Wales!) for a mothers day present, a few Easter gifts here and there…now for something harder to tackle…the mother-in-law! 

My sister had made me a peg bag from Cath K materials for one of my presents and I love how it makes my boring chores pretty.  So I thought I would spread the love and make one for my mother-in-law.  They’ve just had a new kitchen put in and she had mentioned she may look for Teal coloured accessories, so I had a look at some material that I thought may fit in with her theme (and if not…at least it would prettyfy her washing line!)

I looked at a few tutorials and set about work around my own template.  My learning point from this project is that I must have more accurate cutting out!  My cutting is slapdash!  It took me longer than the usual crafter I am sure as I did a bit here and there, and I deliberated before each stage and I had to re-trace  steps and un-stitch where my patterns didn’t match up!  I got there in the end though and here was the finished project.

Pretty peg bag

P1030204

Pretty dusted pink mini spot fabric inside.  Cream binding with pink stitching.

P1030206

I love it…and so did she!  It was good timing as well as her peg bag was falling to pieces.  Phew…a success!

Although…I did forgot to invoice my husband for materials, labour etc.!

Now lets hope this sunshine continues so that she has a chance to hang out her washing.

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment