Friday 14 June 2013

Sailing Away.

Well with all the rain lately we might have to jump in these cute little boats and sail away to the sunshine!

P1030078

Another cute addition to Will’s Shed using my crochet skills.  I followed the amazing pattern from Bunny Mummy's Blog as I saw it and thought it would be a cute one to do.

P1020992

The pattern was easy to follow, although I had a little difficulty with the flags, and came unstuck at the fish.  I think my head was swimming in between UK and US terms making things a bit haphazard.

I had to discover the amazing trick of steam blocking to help the wool hold it’s shape.

 

Here are a few pictures, and you can see that I’ve strung some pretty blue beads in between the sun, boats and fish.

P1030047

P1030048

P1030046

P1030049

It’s now hanging up adding a touch of brightness inside the shed.

We went camping again last weekend, near Poole, which was a truly delightful family trip.  Loads of fun, and everything was just simply happy (apart from deflating air beds…humph!).  Thankfully we had gorgeous weather allowing us to top up our tans, and the rain began to fall the moment we packed the last bit of kit in the car to leave…we were lucky! 

I hope we haven’t seen the last of our summer yet…

Love from me and my little man x

1 comment:

  1. Hi , love your decoration , it turned out great. The beads are perfect and your little boy is soooo cute :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete