Friday 24 May 2013

Confetti

I’ve just cleaned the whole of downstairs…so I think I deserve to do something nice.  Blogging is one of those things that I love to do, but do inherently feel guilty that my time should be spent on something else.  But then, I suppose I deserve some me time right?!

We seemed to have had about 2 days of spring and it feels that we are skirting around summer.  My tree has blossomed and I love it, although it seems to have gone duskier and short-lived with the wind and rain.  There seems to be confetti flying around the garden as if there are whirlwind weddings taking place. 

pink blossom

P1020960

The rain and glimpses of sunshine seemed to have launched the garden into a growth spurt.  Amongst the weeds, we are lucky to have bluebells along our drive and our border is more colourful than I remembered.

bluebells

P1020956

I’m not sure what those yellow ones are but they grow aggressively and spread easily.  There is a clematis waiting to come out among that greenery.  There are a few gaps that need to be filled by something. A trip to the garden centre may be needed soon.

We’ve been busy in the garden…but more tales of that to come soon…!!!

The crafting room has seen a bit of action.  When I had tonsillitis and was poorly at home, I kept thinking of our holiday coming up in August. We are off to Portugal for my father-in-law’s 60th birthday! I can’t wait for some sun and some R&R (rest and recuperation, or relaxing and raving!?) It’s going to be my little man’s first holiday abroad so we have had to get passports in order.  I have a pretty Cath Kidston pink polka dot cover for my passport which is so pretty (also pretty annoying as you have to take your passport out of it’s cover to go through the airport…humph…they don’t appreciate the prettiness?!), so I thought I’d have a go at making one for my chap’s first passport!

I used this tutorial to guide me.

Passport Cover

P1020902

P1020906

I really need to work on my wonky sewing…straight lines just aren’t my thing! But hey presto!…done!  I don’t think my husband would appreciate one for his passport….

For future learning, it’s a tiny bit tight, so I could make it a bit looser next time. I would probably applique with a “W” if I were to do it again.

That’s all for now, but I’ll have some more things to show you soon.

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment