Tuesday 23 April 2013

Painting…

I used to enjoy painting, especially the pain staking preciseness of cutting in.

These days I find that I enjoy the thought of painting and transformation, but definitely not the doing of painting! P1020821 I think this has come with having a little boy and learning to appreciate time.  Time that is better spent on more fun things, more fun than painting.  Short term pain, long term gain though – I spent one whole weekend single handedly painting our conservatory.  It was so desperate for a freshen up as condensation dribbles had marked the paintwork leaving it looking dowdy and dirty, and it has been so unwelcoming and un-inspiring.  I’ve painted it the same colour as the kitchen…a lovely fresh green which has instantly brightened up the room.  With a bit of re-jigging furniture and the addition of some new storage shelves it has become a more functional craft/office room. 

P1020819All this painting has taken over my crafting at the moment, and my sewing machine has only been used to take up our new curtains (first time I’ve altered something like this…it all goes a bit wobbly when there’s so much material involved!).  But now the room is ready.  (I have since found out that my curtain pole was put up on the wonk by my husband!…so I don’t feel so bad about my wobbliness now!)

I have also been painting the outside picket fence in the garden…I feel it’s all coming together slowly. I have the gate and the fence panels to complete yet so a bit more painting for me.  It’s not so bad outside as you don’t have too worry too much about the drips/splats, and even more enjoyable when the sun is shining.  I am looking forward to getting some bright flowers planted outside.

My little man also enjoys spending time in the crafting conservatory.  He uses the room to P1020764post pebbles and toys through the cat flap and of course to get his sticky mitts all over my clean windows!

I have a few plans ahead for some projects, I just need to set some time aside for myself and get cracking.

I trust you are all well.

Love from me and my little man x

No comments:

Post a Comment